Featured Images My Style

Build others with your words

August 21, 2016
 “Encourage each other and build each other up”
cnp_5466-edit.jpg
A friend of mine at work best described the feeling. ‘I’m so sick with a cold that if I was a horse I would have been taken to the back and get put down’ I know that sound a bit over the top but that was exactly how I was feeling the whole of last week. I forced myself to work on Monday as soon as my Manager saw me I was sent home.
 cnp_5463.jpg  Since then I have been on my couch, breathing through my mouth and ashamed to cough in public as I sound like a missile about to explode. I went to my doctor and the first thing he said was  ‘you look tired’ and he was right I was tired and dizzy.cnp_5471-edit-1.jpgcnp_5472-edit-1.jpg cnp_5464-1.jpg cnp_5482-edit-1.jpg cnp_5468-edit-1.jpg
That’s been my week and still not 100% yet but I’m holding on well. Hope you all are doing better than me. I’m happy to be back and my apologies for missing to post on Wednesday.
cnp_5486-edit-1.jpg cnp_5457.jpg cnp_5452-edit.jpg cnp_5482-edit.jpg cnp_5480.jpg
cnp_5468-edit.jpg
cnp_5460-edit.jpg
cnp_5466-edit.jpg
Now that I’m back I just want to remind us all to be kind with our words and use them to build others, instead of the other way around. I have experienced the damaging effect of words on me and mine on others. I know we all can say the same. But it saddens me at times that the people we love the most who should be our number one supporter in pursuing our dreams, will be the same people trying to trample on it. They can do it consciously or unconsciously but the result is still the same ‘damaging’.
cnp_5485-1.jpg
Words can be said in the heat of the moment, and at times just to make others feel bad about themselves.
I have experience this several times and I tell you it’s only by the grace of God that I still get motivated to keep going. It hurts that someone you love and care about, who you would support in their own pursuit will want to be the murderer of yours.
CNP_5451-Edit
Be supportive with words for what others are doing, especially if they are working hard to succeed, even if it’s not your forte.  A little word of advise, before you put this in practice if you haven’t already, start in your house first with the people you love as they might be counting on that feedback.
Words are powerful we all know that, as it can make or break a person.
Nourish someone with your words today. It will cost you absolutely nothing.
Enjoy the rest of your day. Thank you all for your words of encouragement.
My fashion Corner
As soon as I saw this coat on the mannequin in the H&M store I know there was a connection. I did my usual self-talk, to justify reason of purchase, but it wasn’t pay day so I took a picture and send it to my sister who wanted me to find her a winter coat. The reason was if I can’t buy it maybe my sister would and I can lend it off her, but unfortunately she wasn’t quite interested when I send her the photo. The reaction from her didn’t kill my vibe about it, but I was like maybe I should just let it go for now as I have so many other coats.
A week or so passed by and just to make myself feel like am exercising,  I decided to go for my lunch break walk into the H&M store and the coat was on the rack, check the price first and ‘BANG’ it was my lucky day, the coat was down to $15 from $79.95, can you believe it. It was not an impulse buy at all, but an accomplishment for my closet.
I really love the colour of this coat, the belt around the waist and length. So I decided to wear it on its own like a dress, which is quite common now in the fashion sphere to wear coats  as dresses with long boots or heels. This is my second attempt at turning my coat into dress. See my first attempt here
I decided to pair it with my white and black Tony Bianco heels to match the belt and the handbag. I know am the colour block queen, but I really wanted to co-ordinate today and tone it all down hahaha.
By the way you can grab a 15% off any watch on the barbas and zacari website using the code SONISH_SPACE. So check them out they have really cool items am wearing the nude colour watch.
Outfit details:
Coat: H&M
Heels: Tony Bianco
Bag: theiconic
Watch: barbas and Zacari

You Might Also Like

22 Comments

• Reply Elsie August 22, 2016 at 4:40 pm

Sometimes people don’t realize how hurtful their words can be especially when said in the heat of the moment. This uncontrollable little muscle in our mouths can spit out fire before the cock crows and by the time you know it the damage has been done. I always tell people around me to keep quiet when they are angry in order not to say things that they will regret later on (not to say that I haven’t done it myself, in fact I am still wishing I could take back something I said to my Aunt some 20 years ago). I didn’t see it then as anything big but it hit a raw nerve in her and I saw how broken and miserable she felt that week and since then I have learnt to tread carefully as no one knows the struggles someone might be going through even though they might be looking and acting all happy and carefree.

Your coat dress is beautiful and looks really gorgeous on you. I might just pinch this style before the winter season comes to an end. Hope you feel a lot better now. xo

Reply Sonishspace August 28, 2016 at 9:11 pm

Exactly so. I hope you and your aunt will find peace and move on. Words are just so quick to come out and leave lasting damage. Thanks so much for all your kind wise words.

• Reply Milly August 22, 2016 at 6:24 pm

Soni…. you don`t have to apologize for not feeling well my dear. Health is very important hun! I still think you need to rest and recover well. The weather has been also off here in Germany and so many people are fighting a cold 🙁
    Wishing you a quick recovery doll.
    But the sales this year has been amazingggggg! Itreached a point that going to the city was dangerous for my bank account. So i decided to stay off, haha.. But your coat was a good catch! Love how elegant it looks and the good thing is that you can dress it up or down!
    Winning in both ways 🙂

• Reply Lynda August 23, 2016 at 12:29 am

So sorry dear..Wishing you a quick recovery!
    Your coat is to die for. Gosh!I just adore this look..and the hat just spices it all up!
    Slaying as always dear..

Reply Sonishspace August 28, 2016 at 9:06 pm

Thanks for much swag queen.

• Reply Jennifer Amani August 24, 2016 at 5:35 pm

Glad you are much better now sis, completely agree words are very powerful we should use them wisely. The outfit is amazing I love the colours and the belt was definitely a great addition. X

Reply Sonishspace August 28, 2016 at 9:07 pm

Thanks babe so kind of you

• Reply Luna August 25, 2016 at 5:29 am

Omg! Love love your outfit ???? between where are you based? ???

Reply Sonishspace August 28, 2016 at 9:08 pm

Thanks hun. In Australia dear.

• Reply emily warinda August 27, 2016 at 1:39 am

My fashion sweetie…. I sure hope you are feeling better now and that you’ve fully recovered. It’s so true that the words we say have a huge impact on the people around us. Sad thing is once said, they can never be taken back. I wish you a quick recovery love and you look absolutely chic here. I love the look so much…. Hugs XX

• Reply ChicStyleCheck August 28, 2016 at 6:47 pm

Awww I hope you are feeling much better. You reminded me of when I have the flu/cold, I have to say that those are considered the worse times of my life. Praying for a fast recovery for you.
    I completely agree with you, words gave the power to build and destroy and especially when they are negtaive, we tend to hold on to them so much and that’s how we allow them to negatively impact. In all, building each other through words is something we need to do more often, And what you said about support, trust me, family and friends for some reason are not always the first to support as we’d hope or imagine and I really wonder why….!!! I wish things were different

• Reply ChicStyleCheck August 28, 2016 at 6:48 pm

And how did I just forget to say you look amazing…!!
      I love your stylr

• Reply Jessica Luxe August 29, 2016 at 4:12 pm

Obsessed with how you style that coat – so chic!

BLOG | FOLLOW ON BLOGLOVIN’

• Reply Wendy Adhiambo August 31, 2016 at 6:59 pm

I had to come again and enjoy this post cause i saw it over the Holidays an I thought I already left my thought on it lol but I guess that was on Facebook or Instagram (confusions of social media ha!)
    I just don’t know how you do it but am a huge fan of you style ! And the colour combo each time is just amazing hun. Look at how you did it again here with the coat ,belt ,hut and that bag not to forget the shoes ! You already make me feel good about myself cause out of the inspiration I already see myself in these!
    Its perfect Sonia
    Enjoy your day/week
    x

Reply Sonishspace September 13, 2016 at 11:08 pm

You are so kind babe. Stay blessed. Thanks for all your support from day one.

• Reply Isabel Robertson September 2, 2016 at 3:08 am

Stunning outfit! I’m in love with your coat!!

Bella x

Reply Sonishspace September 13, 2016 at 11:09 pm

Thanks babe

• Reply Candace September 2, 2016 at 5:28 am

Love how you belted that coat at the waist. Those pumps with it are perfect. I need that bag too girl! lol

• Reply Elle September 2, 2016 at 4:15 pm

Oh hun. I so love your style ..

• Reply Sharvari (Mumbai to Melbourne) September 4, 2016 at 12:47 am

You look lovely girl. That powder blue coat is gorgeous.

• Reply kipazze madaki September 7, 2016 at 3:57 am

Hey, You look gorgeous! Funny thing is: I just wrote about the power of spoken words on my blog as well. I know its been a while but I hope you feel better.

Reply Sonishspace September 13, 2016 at 8:38 pm

Thanks babe. Ikr. Thanks for stopping by.